You must successfully complete a total of 18 credits (which may include a combination of credits earned through California Career Online High School and transferred credits from another accredited institution) in the following areas:
- Career Elective Courses (4 credits)
- English (4 credits)
- Social Studies (3 credits)
- Math (3 credits)
- Science (3 credits)
- Health/PE (1 credit)
You can earn credit for courses already completed at other accredited high schools and from successfully passed GED® subject area tests. To receive credit from the GED®, you must have passed the GED® subject area at a Performance Level 2 or higher (145+).
After you complete the two-week prerequisite course and enroll in the full library high school of California program, you should request that your high school transcripts and/or GED® transcripts be sent to the Office of the Registrar for evaluation. The registrar will review your transcripts and apply credits for any coursework you’ve previously completed that fulfills our credit transfer requirements.
- You can transfer up to 14 credits.
- Career Elective Courses (4 credits) must be completed with Career Online High School because they are required to earn the career certification.
- Download a transcript request form.
- To request credit for the GED: go to the GED website and request your GED® transcript.
If your state does not issue a transcript for GED® test results unless all 4 subjects are passed, contact the Career Online High School enrollment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Long Does It Take?
- Depending on how many credits you transfer and how much time you dedicate to your studies, you can finish in under a year.
- You will be given up to 18 months to complete the program.